the scotts

the scotts
the day our forever began... 3.28.15

Monday, June 1, 2015

week update...

Hello family and friends! I hope this update post finds you truly having a good day. So many little things can make a day go blissful, or disastrous, or just plane old mundane. We are always learning to find joy in the small things, work through the hard things together and in prayer, and thank the Lord in ALL things. Simple thought, but truth that we miss sometimes in the business of life. "Rejoice in the Lord always, and again I say rejoice." Philippians 4:4

We have so much to thank the Lord for from the past week!!! First, my dad is doing better. As many of you know, he had a seizure Friday morning. Brandon and I were planning on being there that night anyways, but when we heard the news Brandon took off work and we headed there on Friday morning. Thankfully, all of his tests came back clear and we are just praying that he continues to recover as he is tired and weak and still a little delirious. It was a scary situation, especially for my Mama who thought he was dying in her arms, and for my brother who helped her call the ambulance. Praise the Lord nothing serious is wrong, and my mom is researching and doing all she  knows to prevent it from happening again. We know he is in good hands both with her and the Lord!

I love you, Daddy! I'm so glad you're okay!!
 
Here's some pictures from our weekend with my family! The guys went putt-putting and go kart-ing Saturday. Mama and I had a wonderful time out shopping together. ;)
 
 
Late night shenanigans. (Not sure about Gray's mustache......)
 
 
Oh brothers...

Daddy has done model rockets for as long as I can remember. He would come into mine and Madelyn's classes when we were in Christian school and do rocket presentations, he even sells a model rocket he designed and created, and it's still a fun summer evening activity we love to do. We had a blast shooting them off in the baseball field!! 

 
 
 
 
Gray caught every single one out of the air! :D
 
Mama and I had so much fun in the kitchen together! Our "Hello Summer" creation. ;)
 
What a wonderful Sunday at Lakeside Baptist Church, the last time we were there we were getting MARRIED!!! The feelings and memories were special in the least <3
 
I love my family and they mean so much to me. It really wasn't the same without Madelyn and we missed her so much!!!
 
This handsome dude has gotten even TALLER since our wedding!!
 
 
After a sad "see-you-soon", we visited with one of our favorite families!! We had a great time of fun and fellowship at the Salmons, and enjoyed good food too! I loved seeing my little loves that I miss so much.
 
   

 Here's some pictures from last weekends adventures, my family reunion and memorial day at Mom and Dad Scott's!!!
 
We got to see our Mimi, Aunt Elaine, and Aunt Eloise as well as soo many others I love that are not pictured :( Guess we were having too much fun to think about pictres!!

 
 
 
We had an awesome memorial day with Mom and Dad Scott and PawPaw!! It was full of good food, fireworks, and adventures outside. What a fun summer night of fellowship with family!!! <3
 
 
 

 
 
We are happy and blessed to have such special family on both sides. What full weeks we have that always seem to fly by... but we wouldn't have it any other way!!
 
Praising Jesus~
 
Abigail and Brandon
<3 

1 comment:

  1. Family fun is the best thing to do on the weekends and I also prefer to do so. I am also going to plan a small family get-to-gather at event space Chicago and hope the day will go well.

    ReplyDelete